Frequently Asked Questions

Business Insurance: Workers Compensation


Workers Compensation - ID First Report of Injury

Q: If an employee is injured on the job, is the employer required to report it?

A: Yes. If a work-related injury or illness results in lost work time or requires medical treatment, that injury or illness must be reported to the Idaho Industrial Commission.

This is done with a "First Report of Injury or Illness" form. Filing the form is not an admission of liability for the employer. 

Instructions - read before completing "First Report" form 

Idaho First Report of Injury or Illness - fillable form

The form can be filled out, printed and mailed to:
Idaho Industrial Commission
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0041

Or, sent as an email attachment to

« Back to Business Insurance - Workers Compensation

FAQ Disclaimer

The content of FAQ articles are general in nature and are not intended as a substitute for professional legal, financial, or insurance counsel for individuals. Insurance coverage forms vary by issuing company and by state. For specific advice contact us.

Our locations:

Lewiston office
55 Southway Ave
Lewiston, ID 83501

Moscow office
604 S. Washington St.
Moscow, ID 83843

When Insurance Companies
Compete – YOU WIN!

Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on LinkedIn Reviews

Additional navigation:

Home page | Payments | Claims | About | Contact | Insurance companies | Privacy policy | Confidentiality notice | Disclaimer | Search

© 2021 American Insurance