Skip to content

American Insurance NW Inc. Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

New Idaho ATV Registration & Licensing Requirements

As of January 1, 2010, Idaho owners of ATVs, UTVs, motorbikes and specialty off-highway vehicles are required to purchase Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) registration stickers. And, if you choose to travel on local jurisdiction roads open to OHV use you must also purchase restricted vehicle license plates and have liability insurance on your vehicle.

The OHV registration sticker fee is $12 and is available from your county motor vehicle license division, certain state parks, and local ATV retail dealers.

See your American Insurance customer service agent if you need insurance on your OHV. We have great low cost policies with multi-policy discounts for our current customers.

For more information, visit the Idaho Transportation Department website at Restricted Vehicles – FAQs.


There are no comments yet.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with


Your name, comment, and URL will appear on this page after it has been reviewed and approved. Your email address will not be published.