If you are currently enrolled in a health care plan through Washington Healthplanfinder, you will need to renew your coverage for next year. Customers who signed up for a Qualified Health Plan last year will be eligible to renew their health coverage for 2015 plans starting on November 15th. Most customers may be eligible to automatically renew their current health plan, but customers also have the option to update their application and shop for new plan options. Either way, specific action must be taken to secure health insurance for 2015.
"It's critical that customers take the time to shop for their health plan and submit their applications and payment by Dec. 23 if they are seeking coverage that starts on January 1, 2015," said Dave Root, a registered health insurance agent at AMERICAN INSURANCE. "Open enrollment is the only time you can secure an individual health insurance plan unless you have a Qualifying Life Event. So, whatever, you do, don't wait until the last minute to make this important decision for you and your family."
What you must do to renew your coverage for 2015:
To renew your current coverage without making changes the renewal instruction letters sent from Washington Healthplanfinder say –
- You need to renew your coverage during Open Enrollment between 11/15/2014 and 02/15/2015.
- You must sign into your Washington Healthplanfinder account on-line and select “Update my application and renew coverage”.
- You must update your application with current personal information and income projections.
- You must renew or change your coverage by December 23, 2014 for coverage to be effective on 01/01/2015.
- Your premium must be paid in full by December 23, 2014, including any past due amounts, if you want to have coverage starting January 1st.
Free help is available: Customers who need help renewing their health plan or selecting a new plan may reach out to a navigator at a local community organization. However, only a registered health insurance broker can help you analyze and recommend a specific health plan based on your family's needs. There is no cost to customers for using the services of a registered health insurance broker.
- Asotin county, WA residents may contact AMERICAN INSURANCE for broker assistance (208)746-9646 or email American [at] Am-Ins [dot] com
- For Washington Healthplanfinder, call 1-855-923-4633, online at http://www.wahealthplanfinder.org, or email CustomerSupport [at] wahbexchange [dot] org
- Mail to Washington Healthplanfinder, PO Box 946, Olympia, WA 98507.
Source: Washington Healthplanfinder, News Release – Oct 13, 2014.
There are no comments yet.