Regence BlueShield of Idaho announced additional new preventative care benefits are now included on all ACA compliant group insurance policies. Regardless of the renewal date of a Regence group insurance policy the expanded preventative care benefits are included beginning May 1, 2015. These new benefits are in addition to the long list of preventative care benefits mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
New Preventive Care Benefits - Here is a brief list of the added benefits based on recent recommendations from the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF):
- Prevention of dental caries in children from birth up to 5 years of age
- Hepatitis B screening for individuals at increased risk and pregnant women
- Aspirin use for the prevention of preeclampsia
- Healthful diet and physical activity for cardiovascular disease prevention in adults with cardiovascular risk factors: Behavioral counseling
- One-time screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) with ultrasonography in men ages 65 to 75 years who have ever smoked
- Intensive behavioral counseling for all sexually active adolescents and for adults who are at increased risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Screening for chlamydia and gonorrhea in sexually active women age 24 years and younger and in older women who are at increased risk for infection
Regence BlueShield of Idaho has updated their preventive care brochure and the covered preventive medications list show benefits and drugs covered as preventive starting May 1, 2015, regardless of renewal date. Regence members may be required to meet certain criteria to be eligible for these benefits.
Source: Regence BlueShield of Idaho
There are no comments yet.