American Insurance NW Inc invites our customers and fellow chamber members to bring their sensitive personal and confidential documents for our free indoor shredding event.
We want to help you guard against identity theft by keeping your sensitive documents out of the trash. Deposit your documents at American Insurance NW, Inc. in a locked, secure bin that will be shredded under the NAID AAA Certification Program by Western Recyclers of Lewiston. No one will see your documents and they will be held under secure conditions until shredded. This is one step among many others you can take to protect your identity.
WHEN? Monday, April 10 through Friday, April 14 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
(Note: Our Moscow office is closed for lunch from 12-1 each business day)
WHERE? Both American Insurance offices:
- Lewiston office, 55 Southway Ave. (at the roundabout, closest building to the river at Southway & Snake River Ave.)
- Moscow office, 604 S. Washington St. (across from Umpqua Bank at the corner of 6th & Washington St.)
WHAT? Old tax returns, medical records, bank or credit card statements, insurance policies and offers of credit – anything with personally identifiable information like social security numbers, birth dates, account numbers, cancelled checks, etc.
QUANTITY? Limit is one box (banker box size) or about 20 lbs. by weight of paper records per person or household address, or 2 boxes or about 40 lbs. by weight for our business clients.
RESTRICTIONS? Please remove steel binder clips or any thick metal clips but staples and regular paper clips are OK.
QUESTIONS? Contact our Event Coordinator Stephanie Herbert online here or call her at 208-413-6242 for any other event details.
American Insurance NW Inc provides Identity Recovery Insurance - families can add this for as little as $1 per month as part of a Homeowners Insurance policy. Contact us online or at (208) 746-9646 for more information.
- Read more articles about Identity Theft from American Insurance here.
- Read more articles about Cyber Liability from American Insurance here.
- Cybercrime - Small businesses hit with email scams -- Recent reports show that 40% of ransomware attacks were against smaller companies with 1 to 100 employees.
- How cyber insurance protects you against cyber crime -- Cyber insurance has grown from data breach liability to now include your costs for cyber extortion, ransomware, funds transfer fraud and other threats.