Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

Personal Insurance: Home Insurance


Wind Damage - If my fence got blown over, is it covered?

460681_10150736470211543_793505512_o.jpgYES! The typical Homeowners policy covers a fence as an “Other Structure” under Coverage B of the policy. Special form (the most common type) and the Broad form (16 named perils) Homeowners policies include coverage for windstorm.

The limit of insurance on "Other Structures" is usually 10% of the Coverage A - Dwelling limit. This limit is shared by all "Other Structures" at the time of a loss. Loss settlement for a wooden fence may be limited to Actual Cash Value while other type of fences (vinyl or metal) can be settled at Replacement Cost, if endorsed on the policy. Loss is subject to your property deductible.

For answers to related questions click: Wind Damage ~ Am I Covered?

« Back to Personal Insurance - Home Insurance