Nearly every week we hear of another major data breach or ransomware attack - lately Equifax and City of Atlanta. It is highly likely that the personal information of every American adult is now available on the dark web and is being sold to various identity theft criminal enterprises slowly but surely. This turns the tables from only prevention methods to pro-active credit and account management.
You may not have been inconvenienced by fraudulent credit card charges or identity theft crimes yet but at some point you likely will be.
When it happens, you will want all the help you can get.
AMERICAN INSURANCE recommends both prevention and protection for Identity Theft.
- Free Document Shredding Event - To prevent crimes of opportunity continue to safeguard and shred sensitive personal documents. Find more details here.
- Identity Recovery Insurance - For as little as $1 per month you can add this valuable protection to a Homeowners Insurance policy available at American Insurance. Coverage includes the personal assistance of an identity recovery specialist and payment for restoration related expenses. Read more about that option here.
- Consider "freezing" your credit at all three credit agencies and/or engaging a credit monitoring service. Find out more about that here.
Call us at (208) 746-9646 or contact us online here for more information about these options.
Find out more information
- Read more articles about Identity Theft from American Insurance here.
- Read more articles about Cyber Liability from American Insurance here.