We published this Q&A column in the Oct. 10 edition of The Lewiston Tribune.
A: The Medicare Annual Election Period is coming up from October 15th through December 7th .
This is time to make the following changes to your plans -
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another similar plan
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to one that offers this coverage
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another similar plan
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely
- Any plan changes would take effect on January 1, 2019.
Get local assistance at AMERICAN INSURANCE.
Free help is available. We have two local health agents for Medicare plans and represent many different insurance companies to provide you more choices. Contact us online or at 208-746-9646 or Medical [at] Am-Ins [dot] com to reach agents Tim Gleason or Dave Root to set your appointment today.